Sunday, June 3, 2012

June 3, 2012 - Photo's of NYC's Israel Day Parade - Part 2


Americans Stand with Israel

June 3, 2012
by Bee Sting


From: Democracy Rules, June 3, 2012 c.

Today New York City held its annual Israeli parade in Manhattan, the event which celebrates the birth of the Jewish state in 1948.  This New York tradition has been in existence since 1964 and this year’s theme of “Israel Branches Out” celebrated growth and creativity.  An estimated 35,000 people marched in the parade, while hundreds of thousands of spectators waived blue and white flags to show their love and support for the Jewish state. 
 
The participants in the parade came from many walks of life and various cities and states. It was wonderful to see a sea of children marching along the 5th avenue. Many schools, synagogues, political groups, Christian organizations, marching bands and various performers were present as well.   This event is a true celebration of the special relationship between Israel and the United States, rooted in our common values and goals.










________________________________

Note: If you wish to share the photos, please add a link to Americans Stand with Israel and credit Democracy Rules/photos.  Thank you.

SHALOM JERUSALEM by Misha Marmar


Loosely translation:

The Sun Rises 
In The City Of Gold
Lights of Dawn...

Again, the road led me to Jerusalem 

You're Sounded with the prayer in my heart
You gifted me Life and Love
And Sacred Sorrow 
Jerusalem.

Ancient wisdom 
Ages depth 
The sky lights 
The Tower of David 
And the Wailing Wall 
Jerusalem.

Wherever I was 
I had been always your son.

You're my youth,
Delight and Sorrow 
Jerusalem.

Shalom, Shalom Yerushalayim
Here I am Again.
I am Yours Again.

Shalom Yerushalayim
Yerushalaem my Golden.